Who We Are
Established in 1977, CENTRO, formerly Centro Las Americas, is the largest minority led, community based, multiservice, multicultural, multilingual, nonprofit organization in Central Massachusetts. CENTRO is a non-profit, tax-exempt, charitable corporation under 501 (c) 3 of the US Internal Revenue codes. CENTRO’s primary purpose is to assist individuals and families striving to reach self-sufficiency while promoting social responsibility, fostering cultural identity, and encouraging families to be significant contributors to the community as a whole.
To assist individuals and families seeking to achieve self-sufficiency build purposeful lives through our unique mix of comprehensive integrated services, exceptional care, and an unequalled cultural and linguistic competence.
To create a fully-integrated multi-cultural, multi-linguistic health and human services delivery system, while developing long-term economic strength and sustainability.
We promise to:
- To provide culturally and linguistically competent services, that help our clients striving to be self-sufficient, achieve their dreams;
- To be compassionate to our clients and treat them with respect;
- To carry ourselves with dignity, integrity and to strive for excellence;
- To not make excuses, take short-cuts, or loose track of how our work impacts the lives of our clients;
- To support our co-workers and provide value to our stakeholders; and
- To help make Centro the best place to work in all of Central MA;
We commit to serve our clients with excellence!
Our Shared Values
- Compassion, Respect, Dignity, Integrity, Excellence
- Cultural & Linguistic Competence
- Support our Co-workers
- Provide Value to our Stake-holders
We achieve our mission, by providing culturally and linguistically competent case management, community-based, social, behavioral, mental health, and health-related services; while preserving and sharing our diverse cultural values and experiences.
This is possible by establishing a strong bond with our clients and the communities we serve and leveraging partnerships and collaborations with other providers, colleges, universities, hospitals, government entities, and other institutions.
Our employees are committed to their clients first, then, their colleagues, and finally our institution.
Our shared values are:
- A commitment to excellence, integrity, personal accountability, collaboration, respect, dignity and compassion.
Centro Las Americas, Inc. (CENTRO) is a charitable organization exempt from taxation under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are deductible for Federal Income Tax purposes in accordance with applicable law. Financial and other information may be obtained by contacting Agustina Velazquez at CENTRO, 11 Sycamore St., Worcester, MA 01608, 508-798-1900.
Saturday, August 20, 2016
From 12 noon to 9:00 pm
On the Common at City Hall, Worcester, MA