Who We Are
Established in 1977, CENTRO, formerly Centro Las Americas, is the largest minority led, community based, multiservice, multicultural, multilingual, nonprofit organization in Central Massachusetts. CENTRO is a non-profit, tax-exempt, charitable corporation under 501 (c) 3 of the US Internal Revenue codes. CENTRO’s primary purpose is to assist individuals and families striving to reach self-sufficiency while promoting social responsibility, fostering cultural identity, and encouraging families to be significant contributors to the community as a whole.
To assist individuals and families seeking to achieve self-sufficiency build purposeful lives through our unique mix of comprehensive integrated services, exceptional care, and an unequalled cultural and linguistic competence.
To create a fully-integrated multi-cultural, multi-linguistic health and human services delivery system, while developing long-term economic strength and sustainability.
We promise to:
• Provide culturally and linguistically competent services;
• Be compassionate to our clients and treat them with respect;
• Carry ourselves with dignity, integrity, and to strive for excellence;
• Not make excuses, take short-cuts, or lose track of how our work impacts the lives of our clients;
• Support our co-workers;
• Provide value to our stakeholders;
• Help make CENTRO the best place to work in all of Central Massachusetts;
• Always place our clients first!
• To achieve our mission by providing culturally and linguistically competent community-based case management.
• Offer social, behavioral, mental health, and health-related services.
• Preserve and share our diverse cultural values and experiences.
• Establish strong bonds with our clients and the communities we serve.
• Leverage partnerships and collaborate with other providers, such as, colleges, universities, hospitals, government entities, and other institutions.
• Employ dedicated individuals that are committed to their clients first, then their colleagues, and finally our institution.
• We share a responsibility to excellence, integrity, personal accountability, collaboration, respect, dignity, and compassion.
Centro Las Americas, Inc. (CENTRO) is a charitable organization exempt from taxation under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are deductible for Federal Income Tax purposes in accordance with applicable law. Financial and other information may be obtained by contacting Agustina Velazquez at CENTRO, 11 Sycamore St., Worcester, MA 01608, 508-798-1900.
Help support CENTRO’s mission to assist those individuals and families, striving to become self-sufficient, achieve their dream, with a tax deductible contribution.