CENTRO, a multi-service and multi-lingual non-profit organization in Central Mass, is growing and so is our need for more talented and dedicated employees. We offer a distinctive, fast-paced, and dynamic collegial environment where you can truly make a difference and have an opportunity to grow your career!
Our organization is comprised of incredibly talented and passionate people making a difference in peoples’ lives every day. CENTRO’s commitment to excellence allows us to continuously improve our methods, bolster our talent and adapt to the needs of our clients. We strive to deliver exceptional service to our clients and rewarding experience for our employees. In return, we’ve enjoyed steady growth over the past several years.
If you are looking for an organization that offers the highest quality of social services for the community, values both its people and its clients, is committed to excellence, has been in business for 40 years and is the largest multi-cultural community provider in the area, then your search is over – CENTRO is all of that!
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing medical assistance for the AFC Program. Nursing services include conducting the initial medical assessment of the prospective program participants, as well as maintaining communication with the client’s medical team. In addition, this person is responsible for identifying and accessing additional medical resources to support and to assist clients and their families. This position is an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completing and coordinating all applicable clinical assessments and clinical evaluations
- Developing the member’s interim and final AFC plan of care, with input from the member or responsible party, all members of the MDT, and other individuals designated by the member
- Completing a semi-annual health status report for each member, and submitting to the member’s primary care physician
- Ensuring implementation of the AFC plan of care
- Reviewing the physician summary form. Monitoring the health status of all members to ensure that all members needs are met
- Coordinating the delivery of AFC with any other health services or supportive services the member is receiving from Mass Health or other agencies or organizations, including but not limited to, visiting nurse services, therapy services, Department of Developmental Services (DDS) services, Department of Mental Health (DMH) services, and Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) services
- Conducting on-site visits with each member at the qualified setting bimonthly (alternating with the bimonthly visit by the care manager) for Level I, and monthly or more often as the member’s condition warrants for Level II
- Completing a nursing progress note for each on-site visit or encounter and upon a significant change
- Monitoring each member’s health status and documenting those findings in the member’s medical record for each on-site visit or encounter, or more often as the member’s condition warrants
- Educating the member about hygiene and health concerns
- Reporting changes in the member’s condition to the member’s PCP
- Coordinating and implementing the PCP form and approval for AFC with the member, AFC caregiver, and AFC staff
- Overseeing, monitoring, supporting, training, and evaluating AFC caregivers in conjunction with care manager staff
- Monthly reviewing AFC caregiver logs
- Conducting on-site visits with each member at the qualified setting bimonthly (alternating with the bimonthly visit by the care manager) for Level I, and monthly or ore often as the member’s condition warrants for Level II
- Planning for and implementing discharges in conjunction with the care manager from the AFC program
- Conducting orientation for each AFC caregiver before the AFC caregiver begins care
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to interact effectively both internally and externally with individuals from different social, cultural, racial and economic backgrounds
- Ability to transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information, needs and general business data through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to internal/external inquiries (e.g. staff, clients, etc.)
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work on a multi-disciplinary team, as well as independently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Education and Experience:
- Must be a fully licensed RN by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing
- Must have at least two years’ recent experience in the direct care of elders or adults with disabilities.
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to be physically mobile (stand, walk, reach, climb, bend) and also the ability to sit for prolonged periods throughout the day/work hours
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, copier, telephone, and the ability to write and/or type
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Occasional driving to client appointments, offsite meetings, conferences
- Valid driver’s license
- Recent physical exam and TB screen within 12 months
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The organization reserves the right to change the responsibilities and duties of this or any position at any time due to business necessity, with or without notice. The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the sole duties and responsibilities required of any particular position within the organization. Employees may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically listed on this job description. CENTRO is an equal opportunity employer.