CENTRO, a multi-service non-profit organization, is currently seeking a Clinician. This person will be responsible for clinical services and support within the Children’s Behavioral Health program. The Clinician supports the treatment plan goals and objectives developed by the Master’s level clinician to address the youth’s mental health, emotional, and behavioral needs.
- Responsible for maintaining 30-32 hours billable service per week.
- Review comprehensive family and youth assessment on all families referred to the program and review the Individualized Action Plan (IAP) based on assessment and referral information.
- Review Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths Assessment (CANS) on each youth referred to the program, completed initially by Master’s level Clinician and thereafter either by Master’s level or Bachelor’s level clinician.
- Utilizing a wraparound service delivery model, develop applicable time frames and service coordination and facilitation to ensure that all aspects of service delivery within the IAP are assigned to the appropriate party and monitored for effectiveness throughout the course of the program.
- Provide on-going clinical support to family and youth through evidence-based therapeutic interventions, including, but not limited to: cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, dialectical behavioral therapy, psycho-education, and strengths-based approaches.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with Master’s Level Clinician, skill building activities and education to help promote increased academic, social, family and community functioning for youth, including, but not limited to: conflict resolution, peer relationships, vocational preparation, academic success, communication, healthy relationships, and affect regulation.
- Review safety plan for each family and youth regarding any at-risk behaviors or crisis planning.
- Coordinate family services and specialized services for youth including, but not limited to: educational, clinical, social, and recreational services.
- Assist parents or legally authorized representative (LAR) to provide direct care and support to youth through the provision of parenting skills training and education including child growth and development, age-appropriate activities and interventions, health and safety issues, educational and recreational needs of child(ren), and psycho-education regarding the specific nature of the social-emotional disturbance the youth is experiencing and it’s impact on functioning.
- Provide support and education to youth, family and household members around effective coping strategies to reduce family/household conflict and the need for out of home placement.
- Assist Master’s Level Clinician in the facilitation of team planning and coordination amongst all formal and informal family supports to ensure effective collaboration and service delivery.
- Attend all community meetings, case conferences, IEP meetings, etc. that impact referred youth.
- Participate in weekly team review and monthly case conferences to provide feedback and assessment of family issues and changing service needs and goals.
- Stay abreast of best practices and advances in the field through attendance at training and seminars, reading professional literature, and establishing and maintaining contact with community resources that could benefit youth and families referred to the program.
- Maintains confidentiality as it pertains to families at all times.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Able to work in group collaboration, as well as independently
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to multi-task
- Some general knowledge of IT and computer systems, such as Database manipulation and maintenance, as well as proficiency with Micro-soft Office components.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or Social Rehabilitation.
- Minimum of two years of experience in Social Work or Case Management
CENTRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com